Monday, December 15, 2008

From My Fragile Heart

I tried to keep my distance.
As its the only way,
to keep you safe, unhurt.
But you went against me,
Doing the opposite of whatever I did.
I felt the gap enclosed.
And I know you felt it too,
Or did you ?

I finally decided to give in to you,
I gave up trying.
I pulled our distance closer,
To allow the transparent bond to grow.
But you left me behind as you speed ahead.
You left me to bleed,
You left a scar in me,
In my fragile heart.

Maybe the time isn't right for us,
Maybe there isn't fate between us,
Maybe luck isn't on our side,
Or should I say, My side ?

Everything felt so right before, in the past.
But now everything is gone.
Fading into the darkness,
Blurring from my memory,
Slipping from my firm grip.
I'm crumpling deep inside, falling far behind.
But you weren't, you're moving forward.
I had nothing to hold on to, but you do.

When I close my eyes,
Darkness overcomes me, my mind.
And everything felt so right again.
You are still here, within my reach.
It felt so real,
As if I was created for this.
To live my life in my dreams.
When will I awake from all this ?

I realised that reality is nothing similar to my dreams.
Reality, its time to face it.
I was late, too damn late,
And now you're gone.
I've got no one else to blame but myself,
I was the cause to all of my own misery,
The fault is all mine.
I'll repent it on my own, without you.

Maybe the time isn't right for us,
Maybe there isn't any fate between us,
Maybe luck isn't on MY side,
Maybe its just being me.

No comments: